Best Neighborhoods for Young Professionals in Singapore
There is no question that Singapore is a small city-state in Southeast Asia. The land area may be small but the potential of the people is far greater compared to other large states. The city is home to diverse cultures of Malays, Indians, and Chinese. Its economy grew over the years that paved way for the coming of other expatriates mostly young professionals.
For young professionals, finding a good place to stay is overwhelming because of the latest developments and diverse range of neighborhoods. You can start by deciding to take condominium like Twin View Condo. There are different factors that you need to consider but the major one is its proximity. It should be near to your workplace.
If the price is too much for you, look for other neighborhoods with easy access to the train or bus. Here are the best neighborhoods you can choose from:
- Bugis: Bugis is a good neighborhood with many condos, restaurants, and shophouses. Bugis is an example of living in the city but not in the Central Business District. It is near Kampong Glam also. Leaving in Bugis will give you access to Downtown Line and East-West Line.
- Tiong Bahru: Tiong Bahru is a good neighborhood if you are thinking about a local vibe. This is one of the oldest residential areas in Singapore. You will be thrilled to look at the Art-Deco buildings. This neighborhood is around fifteen minutes away from the Central Business District.
- Tanjong Pagar: If you are a foodie addict, this is the best neighborhood for you. This area is known for its bars and restaurants. You can save money because establishments are near and are walking distance.
- Holland Village: If you are planning to start a family soon, Holland Village is best for you. This area is popular for families because of its closeness to different establishments and institutions like schools and the famous botanic gardens. The city center is near via the Orchard Road.
- Tanglin: This neighborhood is near to numerous embassies. This is considered a prestigious area and if you found a good deal, you should take it. It is also near to the botanic gardens, cafes, restaurants and art galleries.
- Upper Bukit Timah: This neighborhood is far from the city proper. When you live here, you will always see the greenery especially that it is near the Bukit Timah Nature Reserve and Jurong Bird Park.
There are just some of the neighborhoods you can consider. When looking for a place, do not hasten, as it will affect your decision. Take it slow and evaluate well your choices.