Electrical safety tips for kids at home
Kids at home are exposed to several kinds of danger when left unnoticed. You should take utmost care so that nothing untoward happens. It takes a little effort from your side to keep the house safe for the kids. This can make everyone happy. The electrical contractors in Frisco, Tx can help you in making your home safe for the kids.
- Never let small kids unattended at any time. They need to be monitored at all times until the time they get to know what is right and wrong. Raising kids is never an easy game!
- Don’t leave any sockets open when not in use. Children may put their fingers or insert something inside. This can prove highly dangerous. They may get an electrical shock leading to burns etc.
- Small appliances should be kept switched off and stored away from the reach of children. If you have kept it plugged then accidentally when the child tries to press a button, the appliance can turn on leading to serious injuries to the child.
- Keep all the unused cords away from the reach of children. If they are left unattended, crawling or running kids may trip over and get injured. Though this may sound an extra work, you should try to avoid cords lying around and plug them only when in use.
- Never let children touch the power points with wet hands. They touching the points is itself to be avoided and wet hands are even worse. So be careful with this.
- You should secure all unused points with plastic inserts that are not removable by kids. This prevents them from inserting anything inside. The power outlets that are not used for a long time may also be made dummy with the help of an electrician. So, there will be no power supply in it and safety is ensured.
- All electrical appliances are to be kept away from sources of water. When you are going to bathe your child, you should make sure that nothing is plugged in, in the vicinity. Water can splash around and this may result in a shock.